Friday, February 29, 2008

February 29 2008

Today I got out the barn about 3:30 which was later than I had planned. I had to stop on the way to ask about An-Apple-A-Day at the feed store, and they didn't carry it. When I got to the barn the wind was roaring. I could not hear Dale talking to me 10 feet away. I would guess it was blowing about 40 mph. At that point I was not sure I wanted to ride. Kittee was having a day in court so I would be riding alone. But since Dale was around I figured it would be ok for me to go out. He also thought that once I got onto Cache Hollow the wind would not be as bad since I would have the mountain as a buffer. Not wanting to waste a day of riding (I already did drive out there after all) and knowing the endurance ride is coming up I figured I better not be chicken and just do it.

Dale was right, once we got to Cache Hollow the wind ceased, at least in most parts. Sinwaan was pretty good, not jumpy like I had anticipated. He tried to stop and turn around a few times but that is just his usual barn-sour self. We put in a solid 4 miles, with some additional time spent turning him around on the way home when he got too antsy to get home.

All in all a good ride today. The weather, aside from the wind, was awesome. I checked him carefully when we got home and he is not having any trouble with interference either. At this point I am very pleased with his new shoes.

Every day that I can ride is a tremendous blessing. This day was special being the 29th day of February in a Leap Year.

No comments: