Friday, February 22, 2008

February 22 2008

Today I went out to get Sinwaan from the pasture and noticed he had blood all down his inner right leg. I found that to be strange. I haltered him and led him out to the hitching rail to get a better look. I trimmed some of the hair away from the site so I could see. It did not look deep. It seemed to be a very recent injury, as the blood was still bright red and moist on his leg. I got my baby wipes out and cleaned his leg as best I could. The wound looked clean so I left it alone except to put some ointment on it. Sinwaan started stamping his foot and tried to touch the area with his muzzle. Then he raised his head to the sky and turned up his lip. The excitement was short lived. I trimmed his bridle-path and gave him a good through grooming, although he seemed really clean for a change. I fed him some grain and then took him to an area outside the pasture with a nice amount of grass and let him graze for about an hour. It was very peaceful and fun to watch him select and trim the grass. No riding hours to log for me today. But it was a nice relaxing day with my horse.

No comments: