Friday, February 15, 2008

February 15 2008


Today I went to work an hour early so that I could get off work early and enjoy this lovely day. When I got home Matt needed to work on a truck he had acquired so I kept Levi company for about 40 minutes so he could get that done. Then I drove out to the barn and on the way passed a bank sign that said it was 51 degrees. Perfect! I had dressed in a turtleneck, sweatshirt and my riding coat and was feeling quite warm and overdressed when I arrived, but Kittee assured me that once the sun went behind the bluff I would be glad for it.

When I arrived Kasey and Kittee were out riding in the pastures and the herd was another pasture over. They volunteered to go get Sinwaan for me and cantered off. This I had to see. They had fun attempting to herd him, and he didn't seem amused, but once he saw me he came trotting over. I tacked up and Kasey came out and untacked, she had to get to work.

Kittee and I then rode up Cache Hollow Road, we went to mile 2 today before turning around to come home. We had a lovely ride and talked about rattlesnakes, and men collecting things. Our ride was interspersed with a fair amount of trotting and some cantering today as much of the gravel has vanished from one of the flat stretches on the path.

I am guessing I put in approx. an hour of riding today. The Blue Mtn Riders women's club that I am a member of has started a tally sheet for anyone who wants to keep track of their hours, so I figured why not?

No comments: