Thursday, June 21, 2007

June 21 2007

Today I went out to the barn a little after 6 PM. I met some people who board a horse there who wanted to take a look at Ollokot. I was impressed with them and think they would be good for him if they choose to purchase him.

Dale was ready and patiently waiting for me today and I saddled up and we headed out about 7:30 PM. We decided to go up Cache Hollow Rd today since Sinwaan has his new shoes.

It was perfect weather, warm with just the right amount of nice breeze. The horses felt good and we did a lot of trotting up the hill. At the 1 mile point we kept going today and there were plenty of things for the horses to look sideways at. Dale's guess is that we probably went up about 2 miles today. Coming back we mainly walked. We saw two deer today, one heading up and another one when we were heading back down. Of course Sinwaan sees them before I do and stops and stares at them curiously. He had a few spooks today on the way home, nothing serious but it always gets my heartrate up a little. When we got back down to the bottom Sinwaan jumped again and now I could see three of the cows were loose this time. We pressed onward and the one calf climbed back through the fence even before we passed by.

What a wonderful way to end the week! We rode for "a whisky sour and a half" according to Dale, and he was right on exactly. At this rate it will take me 6 hr to go 16 mi. I think I could make much better time on a flat dirt trail vs this hilly gravel one we condition on.

Tomorrow we head out to San Diego for Matt's mom's wedding so I won't get the chance to ride again until probably Wednesday. Although on Wednesday I have a trainer coming out to give Sinwaan and I a lesson on how to load in a straight load. Should be fun, I am looking forward to learning some new things.

No comments: