Monday, August 13, 2007

Team Name

Lara and I (ok so I can't really take any credit here) came up with a team name for ourselves for our endurance team. We are Team Miaa Miaa. This is slang for 100%, which is a way of saying "It'll be fine" (which is my token saying). Lara likes it because 100% completions is our goal. In addition to being used to say something is "fine" or "okay" it is also used to tell someone that they they are "perfect" or "real excellent" or it can be used to say that you like something very much. Lara also discovered that although it is used by Egyptian and Arab people it is not really Arabic in origin, but rather is mainly derived from Hieroglyphics. Needless to say we think it is perfectly suited to represent us. We are going to have some t-shirts made up for our rides.

After yesterday's ride I have now logged 49 hours on Sinwaan since June 1. I forgot to mention in yesterdays posting that I used a HR moniter on him also for the day and was very pleased to see his resting HR at 37, and climbing up the hill at a walk he was low 70s. Walking on level ground he was mid 60s and even dropped below 60 at a walk a few times. In the last mile however the HR spiked to 288 and I thought no way, something has to be wrong with it, there is no way his HR could be THAT high, esp walking down a hill. When we got home and I untacked I saw that it had slipped out of position and by then didn't have any gel left on it. Since it had been such an easy ride, there was no sweat to act as a conductor either.

No comments: