Saturday, June 22, 2013

Training for Jubliee

Recently a new ride (Jubilee Ranch) was announced which thrilled me to no end. It is within an hour of my house, thereby affordable to get to. I started talking with my friend Heather and got more and more excited about getting Sinwaan back in shape and ready for the ride, which is in October. Plenty of time to train and for both of us to loose some weight and gain some fitness!

Heather is convinced (after reading Dennis Summer's e-book 4th Gear - Power Up Your Endurance Horse) that I can be ready for my first 50 mile ride if I train properly. We are going to meet up soon to discuss it in more detail.

For now, here are the rides we have currently logged.

June 9 - 6 miles, mostly roadside, a little hill work
June 12 - 8 miles, roadside, flat, fast
June 16 - 6.1 miles, roadside, some hills
June 20 - unknown mileage, Bennington Lake ride for an hour, many hills and soft dirt footing.

I am doing my best to put two rides on him a week, no matter the distance or speed, to work at getting some weight off of him. So far he has been very forward and eager to go, and I think he is enjoying being in use on a regular basis again.

Wish us luck :)

2 comments:

falconfeathers said...

Yayyy, glad you have a goal for another ride!

Lara said...

Awesome, lots of luck!