Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cassandra and AVMC


Today I met Cassandra out at the barn to see her work with Sinwaan. She showed me some techniques to help him bend and flex and soften up on the bit. She was glad to see he had retained what she taught him on Monday and said he was doing much better today. Everything she showed and taught me was very helpful and I plan to apply it as soon as possible to see what kind of difference it makes for us both on the trail.

After the lesson, I hauled Sinwaan in to AVMC for his traveling papers. Dr Sarah Campbell met us for the appointment. She took his temp and drew blood for a coggins and her assistant worked on a health certificate and I was happy that it was under $100! My mom's Explorer did a good job hauling my trailer and I am really getting excited now about the Montana ride since it is looking like it will happen!! Still more details to work out but the major part is looking positive.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Dr. Campbell is the one who put the cast on Blue. He's getting to know her much better than he would like! My fingers are crossed that you'll get to do the Montana ride. This season has really fallen apart for the whole Walla Walla Endurance "team"!

Shana said...

No doubt, I will miss having you and Heather on the trail with me!