Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

Fourth of July ride! Cindy thought I was nuts for riding on this holiday but since I went out in the morning on back country roads I wasn't too worried about fireworks.

I got out to the barn later than I had planned in the morning and it was already getting quite warm.

We did encounter a large semi-truck coming at us on the first hill climb. The shoulder in that section is very soft and a drop-off so I didn't waste any time dismounting. The driver of the truck was very polite and crept towards/past us at about 5 mph. After that I got back on and we continued. At the end of Forest Rd Sinwaan spied two deer in the pea field and we watched them bound away.

We had another big truck barrel towards us at the end of Froghollow but we had ample room to get off the road so it wasn't a problem there.

We had a nice ride but I got a sunburn on my shoulders since I wore a tank top today. I hosed Sinwaan off and let him graze until he dried.

No comments: