Saturday, October 27, 2007

October 27 2007

This morning I was able to go out for a quick ride. Kittee was out in the pasture with the horses when I got there and agreed to go with me on Nugget. The day was just beautiful, crisp, clear and bright. Both horses were now barefoot so we went back up to the pea field which had since been harrowed and replanted for a winter wheat crop. We had to stick to the end of the field but that worked out ok. On the way back there was a short climb and Nugget went powering up it and Sinwaan suddenly woke up and gave chase. They powered up that hill. As a rider it was a little bumpy but I grabbed his mane, stood in the stirrups and let him go. That was pretty fun.

I also tried on Sinwaan's new blanket today and it seems a little big but not as oversized as the last one. This new one is from Schneiders and not what I expected either, I thought it was supposed to have a belly band attachment and it just has the normal straps so I don't know what happened there. I am just so relieved to have one that pretty well fits that I think I will leave well enough alone.

Fed Ollokot a little grain and he is looking good, putting on some weight for winter.

1 comment:

Lara said...

lol, you just cant win with the blankets can you? So which one did they send you? Is is fitted just without the band or did they send you the Euro style?