Thursday, October 11, 2007

October 11 2007

Tonight I went out after work for a quick ride. Sinwaan came over quickly to greet me at the gate. After a light grooming I tacked up and we headed out. I noticed that my stirrups seemed a bit long but since I could reach them I decided to let it go as the sun was setting fast. We only made it up one mile tonight before we had to turn around to come back due to darkness setting in. On the way home Sinwaan wanted to GO GO GO but I held him back to a slow trot since I could not post very well in the longer stirrups. With the change in light he was a little jumpy also, eyeing things like bushes. We made good time and had enough light (almost) to get untacked. I fed him a carrot and grain and then he got to hang out and eat hay while I chatted with Dale and Kittee, it has been awhile since I saw them. I took my heavyweight blankets out to the barn tonight and my new (used) easyboots but didn't get a chance to try them on. Sinwaan needs his shoes pulled and feet trimmed first anyway I guess.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Oops.....sorry about the stirups...lol :D