Sunday, October 21, 2007

October 21 2007

This morning I went out to fetch Sinwaan for a ride. I got there at 9:30 am and he was just finishing up his breakfast, so I brushed him whilst he chewed. Dale came out and got Misty ready and we tacked up and rode out together. We went up Cache Hollow a short way and then took the steep long climb up to the pea field. Sinwaan was a little tender on his bare feet on the gravel on the way there. I had not bothered to put on his boots today because I figured he would not need them in the dirt field. Ok, so I was lazy and I should have taken the time and learned how to use them but apparently that will be a real challenge for me this winter. I also hesitate to put them on his rear with the way he moves back there. If he clipped himself with shoes, he will have an even greater chance of interference with boots.

The ride was nice but I must say it was incredible WINDY up there on top of the bluff. We rode around for a good while, mostly at a walk but Sinwaan got in some trotting and even a short canter. He was feeling a little fresh today, I must say. I had on about four layers of clothing so I was not cold, and even got warm once we got down between the fields and out of the wind for a spell. Kittee had loaned me her gloves and I was sure glad to have them also.

When we got back I gave Sinwaan some grain and loved on him a bit. He is such a sweet horse, he sure seems to enjoy my company. I also gave Ollokot some grain. I headed home about noon.

No comments: