Monday, September 6, 2010

Bennington Lake, Labor Day

This afternoon Ruth picked me up at home and we went out to where Otto lives. I helped her hook up the horse trailer and we had him loaded up in no time. Went and picked up Sinwaan and I was astonished by the tight turning radius of her truck + trailer. I loaded the tack and she fetched the horse and we were soon on our merry way.

We decided on the good ol' Lake today since it was nearby and would be a good workout for the horses with the occasional elevation changes. Safer than the road also.

It was gorgeous weather and I was surprised to see no other horse trailers there at that point in time. The boys were well behaved today and we had lots of good conversation and it was just really nice to have a friend to ride with again. I forgot how much I missed chatting it up on the trail!

We rode up from the bottom and around the lake, then at the parking lot turned down and came back on a dirt trail closer to the water. We probably rode close to 2 hours. It was a great ride.

1 comment:

feather light said...

so glad you are getting some ride time in on the "beastie" : )