Friday, September 12, 2008

September 11 2008

Well I was planning on riding yesterday after work, I even put on my riding clothes and got on the motorcycle and made it about a mile from home before turning around and going back. I just wasn't feeling 100%. I was disappointed in myself but hey I played it safe.

Tonight I knew I had to get out there and at least do SOMETHING with Sinwaan so I headed out right after work, with my backpack full of carrots. I put his normal halter on him and took him in the round pen. I lounged him at the trot in both directions for about 5 min each to give him a little exercise. Then we got to work on halter practice for the MacMurdo show. Sinwaan did quite well, setting himself up a couple of times automatically. He is getting a little better about moving those front feet around too. He got his share of carrots for reward and then I brushed him and put fly spray on him and let him graze on some weeds before putting him away.

It's not much, but it's something, and with our show coming up in a week I am glad I was able to get some practice in. Maybe I can ride this weekend.