Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Oh bother!

The more recent update for this coming weekend's weather for the Renegade Ride is as follows.



I find it particularly interesting that weather.com chose to use the word "abundantly" to describe the sunshine for ride day.

The following is from the NOAA website;

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 82.
Friday Night: Clear, with a low around 50.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 95.
Saturday Night: Clear, with a low around 55.

Sunday: Sunny and hot, with a high near 100.
Sunday Night: Clear, with a low around 55.

So, looks like we're in for a scorcher this ride weekend. Then again, the weather report called for wind, rain AND snow for Home On The Range and that didn't scare me off, and it ended up being a delightful day for riding. So maybe we'll get lucky. :)

I am already dealing with the after-effects of toting my toddler around on my back during an hour-long dog agility training session last night. My thighs are burning. So Sinwaan likely will not get his mid-week ride that I had planned on. I also have a "bad toe" currently, having stubbed it twice hard enough to bend back my nail.

We are still hopeful at a third consecutive completion towards this year's PNER "rookie horse and senior rider" award.

Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Tamara Baysinger said...

Wow, it's getting close! I'm jealous, as my next ride isn't until the end of July. Guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you. ;-) I'll keep my fingers crossed for cooler weather Saturday...

Tamara Baysinger said...

*fingers tapping* Can't wait to hear how it went...