Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New shoes

I met the farrier at the barn today at noon and brought Sinwaan in for his new shoes. He started shivering really bad so I pulled out a fleece blanket and put it on him and that seemed to help. Today we put pads on his front end in preparation for our Renegade ride the end of this month. That was interesting to see, as Chad uses a caulk to seal it off when he is done. Since the weather was cold and rainy he did both front feet first and then put duct tape on them while he did the hinds.

Sinwaan was pretty well behaved today, Chad commented he was getting better about his hinds, when he first started shoeing him he was jerky and he didn't notice that today. So that was good. I was sure glad to have him in the barn today because the weather was nasty, a TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR, the likes I have not seen in a long time!

Then on my drive back to work the rain stopped and the sun came out and it started warming up. I could not believe it. We have had some truly CRAZY weather 'round these parts lately.

We were planning to meet at the track for a fun race this evening but probably will postpone until tomorrow.

No comments: