Sunday, September 16, 2007

More Arena

Today I went out to the ranch and Sinwaan met me at the gate. I groomed him and tacked up and led him back to the arena. No trails for us today...it was very windy and it is also hunting season now so we are playing it safe. We did walking and trotting and then rode out into the large back pasture and did some sidepassing and cantering. I didn't ride all that long, I am still sore from Friday! :-o

When I was done with Sinwaan I turned my focus to Ollokot. I put him in the roundpen and worked with him and he did pretty well. Still some stuff to work out but he is stopping and turning into me now when I ask. After that I groomed him. I had him tied to the hitching post. I was brushing his tail and glanced up to see him trying to lower his head to snatch some grass. The lead wasn't long enough for that but he did bring his head up on the other side of it, so it was over his poll. He freaked out and pulled back and sideways and finally did get my slipknot lose. It was a little hairy for a second. Once he was free he just stood there all calm and then lowered his head to graze. Crazy horse. I tied him back up, even shorter this time, and picked out his feet, which he stood very quietly for.

No comments: