Sunday, July 8, 2007

July 08 2007

Had an awesome ride this evening, Lara picked us up and hauled us out to Bennington Lake again. We did a lot of trotting and had a couple of really good runs. The weather was fantastic and it even got a little cool as the sun was setting. We rode about 2 hrs 10 min and I don't know how far we went. Sinwaan had a pretty good spook twice at a bicycle coming up behind us. I think he didn't hear it and then once he saw it it was a quick run sideways to get away from it. We saw a LOT of deer. One doe was close by the fence and blowing at us pretty hard. We thought she might have had a baby there. All in all it was just fantastic. I didn't get Sinwaan back to the barn until about 9:30 and then I got home about 10 pm. So I am pretty tired. I know I was really sore this morning from all the climbing I did up that hill yesterday on my ride (when I got off and walked) so I was glad for the extra time between rides (vs going this a.m.) Sinwaan's sweat pattern looked pretty good tonight. There are two small areas where the saddle is rubbing but it is minor. I will keep an eye on it and swap out saddle pads more frequently. (Yawn) Time for bed :)

No comments: