Monday, July 5, 2010

Riding again

Went for a ride at the lake today. Not sure how long we were out there or how far we went but it was a great ride! Perfect weather. We saw three deer. The last one was right along the edge of the trail and we were right up on it before it realized we were there. Fun to watch it bounce away! I worked on some transitions with Sinwaan, from trot to canter, a couple of times he tried to act up a little so we tried again until he got it right. At the end of the ride I noticed he had a small spot on his rear right inner fetlock where he may have been interfering. He is still barefoot so I am not sure what is happening there. He looked pretty fat to me today, three weeks off and his waist goes up a size (so does mine) LOL I did not have the girth up as tight as usual and I wondered if the saddle was slipping a bit on all those hills.

All weekend we have had perfect weather, I should have ridden on Saturday when I had the opportunity but I just lacked the motivation. I decided to make chocolate cake instead. I think that is my depression about not having ride money kicking in. When I know a ride is coming up I have the motivation to get out there and get Sinwaan fit so we are both ready for it. When my bank account is empty and I am just pleasure riding it is not the same. At this point I don't know if I will have the money for the ride in Sept. I hope so. It would be nice to train for one more (new) ride before winter.

No comments: