Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Model project, #4

The little horse is coming along. It has been a real trial and error learning period for me. After that last primer job and sanding I decided to paint him white because Matt had brought home some spray gloss. After that I decided I still wasn't happy with some of the rough areas on the neck where I had done work with the epoxy. Some holes and rough areas. ARGH! Matt showed me how to use putty to fill in the holes and then I had to sand him again.

Here we are into mid-November and I still haven't started painting! I don't want to do a poor job on this model, but I also don't want to drag it out, I need the motivation to keep working on him weekly.

After all that Matt thought he looked like he had gone through a massacre.

As of tonight, he is primer'd gray again. I decided I didn't like the white gloss, I am going to have to pick up some white matte as my base coat and then maybe I can finally get started painting in the next couple of days!?

1 comment:

Laura said...

This looks beautiful...