Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Look out Walla Walla Fair

Well I have now signed Sinwaan up for the Walla Walla Fair & Frontier Days Open Horse Show on August 31. He has no halter experience, and I have none - aside from one schooling show I attended with my mare two years ago. So now I am on the halter hunt for something that is practical, and that I can afford.

The reason I chose the halter class is because the only saddle I have is the Wintec endurance saddle and his red endurance bridle and I figure with his lack of collection we may be laughed right out of any English classes. In the halter class we may at least have a chance. Unfortunately this is stock horse country and the class he is entered in is "5 & Over, Other Breeds" The only breed classes listed were QH, Paint, Mini and Pony. And they are not divided by gender at all, only age. So it should be interesting!!

If all goes decently well then I may also consider entering him in the MacMurdo show in the fall. What I am really hoping for is an additional way to earn a point or two on him this year towards his "+."

I was really hoping to exhibit my chickens at the fair this year but we will be out of town (in Maryland) that week so the only thing left to do was enter the open show. We get home Saturday night, the open show is on Sunday morning. No problem.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Matt should get that on tape... I want to see it.. LOL

Shana said...

Yeah, I bet you do. LOL