Sunday, March 16, 2008

March 16 2008

This evening I only got in about 4 1/2 miles. After mile one Sinwaan started getting real hesitant and I was not real sure if he was just wanting to go home, or if there was a critter out there wanting to get us. We had a pickup go past us with a trailer and there was something on the trailer banging around and that made so much noise that once he went through I figured it would be safe to continue so we did, but slowly.

He felt a little off tonight, mostly at the walk. Hard to describe. More jostley. Coming home the first mile he was walking real nice on a very loose rein. Second mile I had to turn him around about four times to remind him to slow down, but otherwise no complaints.

Our first endurance ride of the season is only about 2 weeks away now and I don't know if we'll be ready. We'll give it our best and just see what happens.

No comments: