Monday, November 5, 2007

November 4 2007

Today was such a gorgeous day, the weather was quite warm for November. Lara picked us up for a ride at Bennington Lake. We made the most of it, since who knows when we will be able to go again. (Sinwaan has his toothies looked at next weekend).

The wind at the lake was howling and in one spot on the ride up even sounded like a woman or child screaming. It was incredible. The horses did great. With the breeze coursing through their manes and against our faces we tackled the trails. I could not have asked for a better ride. Sinwaan was responsive and eager and even a little jumpy at times. I felt incredibly free-spirited and one with my horse this day. One sprint around the back of the lake actually had Sinwaan asking for a race. Unfortunately later on (running towards home) Rocker gave Lara a little trouble and she went flying off. I was glad we were following far enough not to run her over.

A downer of the day was discovered when I was untacking and noticed the girth had pinched Sinwaan and created a small raw spot on his left side. My poor willing boy. What a champ not to complain.
Because they are starting to get their winter coats, and the temp was so warm, we decided to sponge them with warm water and hand walk them after the ride.

Now I am just waiting for new upcoming rides to be posted so I can plan my season for 2008!

No comments: